If you're a first-time home buyer, you may only be considering a home that is built on-site. However, there are many other options available. Mobile homes are one option that many first-time buyers may not want to consider because they are not as popular as traditional homes.
However, mobile home builders in Edmonton tell their customers that buying a mobile residence has many advantages over an on-site house. When looking to buy a movable home, here are some of the benefits to consider:
- More space and amenities: Many starter homes tend to be small and lacking in space. Mobile homes offer plenty of room, as well as a number of amenities that smaller homes may not have.
- Housing layout and size options: Movable homes come in either single-wide or double-wide. Single-wide homes have a narrower frame and all the rooms are connected to each other with no hallways, while double-wide homes are twice the size of a single-wide and are set up more like a traditional home.
- Best option for land owners: Movable homes are common in rural areas, in which case you can buy the property the home is built on; it is recommended that you check the bylaws surrounding mobile homes in rural areas as well. However, in urban spaces, you will need to rent, so if you are considering living in an urban area, a mobile home may not be the best option.
- Different loan options: The finance options for mobile homes are different from on-site homes. For single-wide homes, securing financing options may be difficult, but for double-wide homes, you have a few other options. You should speak to a bank or lender first if you're considering contacting a mobile home builder in Edmonton.
- Costs and insurance: Since mobile homes are more cost-effective than traditional homes, financing and insurance is more affordable. However, you should still speak to a lender first about your options.
If you're looking at buying a movable home in Edmonton, contact Sunshine Homes, the top providers of high-quality, affordable modular and mobile homes in Edmonton and the surrounding regions. Our homes come fully equipped with all the amenities and can be constructed quickly. And if you're a first-time home buyer and you're considering a mobile home as a way to save on costs, our team of experts will provide you with all the answers you need about the ins and outs of buying and building a mobile home!